Topband: Totally Deaf

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Totally Deaf
From: charles Lewis <s9ss160m@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 17:57:55 -0700 (PDT)
This evening I was declared on the DX cluster by a leading Top Band DX'er in
the US to be "TOTALLY  D E A F."  Another in Europe complained that I was just
CQ'ing.  I supposed they meant I was just cluttering up the band (even though I
had managed to make seven contacts through the 20 over S9 QRN over about a 40
minute period), so I gave it up and signed off.

  I suppose I should just quit trying to work through the ever strong
Equatorial noise on 160M and work the easy bands instead.  It's a lot less
strain on my ears, and I don't have to stay up late to do it.

  73,
  Charles - S9SS