Topband: Four Square

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Four Square
From: "ADRIAN REES" <rees.a@btconnect.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 12:41:41 +0100
This may not be the correct forum for this question, but I'll ask anyway...

This may be long winded, but....

I am planning an installation of four Towers. Each 60 - 80 Foot high. I have
enough space between each tower to make the a square with 40 - 45 m a side. (In
other words if the towers were high enough a 4 Square on Top Band).

However, as the towers are not high enough (and will also have Yagi's on for
the higher bands) I plan on building a 4 Square for Top Band by running a
catenary rope around the tops of each tower. Then suspending wire verticals
from the centre of each rope. (Each Vertical would be 60 - 80 feet high) and
top loading each vertical, such that they form a T.

The plan is to build 4 of these, and with the spacing, they should create a 4
Square for Top Band. (I plan on something similar for 80 m).

What comments do the members of the Forum have for this ?
Each of the Towers will be grounded, although I did think about Shunt Feeding
the Towers, but thought that may get too complex for use in a 4 Square.

Thanks

Adrian Rees (MW1LCR)