Topband: Re-using Guy Grips

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Re-using Guy Grips
From: "Donald Chester" <k4kyv@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 23:40:23 +0000
My tower uses 3/16" guy cable.  A few days ago I walked around and inspected
the tower, and notice that one of the guy insulators is cracked.  Don't know
if it was lightning or if someone took a potshot at it, but it needs to be
replaced.

I have the spare insulator, and the old one is installed using Guy Grips,
also known as pre-forms.  Has anyone had any experience re-using them?  I am
wondering if I should order a new set (not expensive just for only one
insulator), or if I re-used the old ones would they hold ok?

Don k4kyv

like it.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/