Re: Topband: Assembly of Softrock V6 for 160m

To: "Tod" <tod@k0to.us>
Subject: Re: Topband: Assembly of Softrock V6 for 160m
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 18:05:30 -0700 (PDT)
Tod wrote:
> I have a request in to Mike, WA6OUW, to do the soldering of the SMD parts
> [there are four 0.025 spacing IC's to install on each board]. The rest of
> the kit is composed of tiny, but not SMD, parts which a person can install
> using equipment most Topband folks have today. The 2.5 by 2.5 boards are

Actually, there are also 10 SMT capacitors.  However, they are huge
(1206 size).  I don't know what equipment you have, but all you need
is a soldering iron with a small tip.  I had no trouble soldering
the IC's and I didn't even use my smallest tip.  You should also get
small diameter solder.  The density of this board is low enough that
you should not need a microscope.

Rick N6RK