Re: Topband: Help for Preamplifier

To: Petr Ouředník <indians@seznam.cz>
Subject: Re: Topband: Help for Preamplifier
From: "ik2bcp - Guido Tedeschi" <guido.ted@tin.it>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 13:53:46 +0100
Hi Petr,
    sorry for the delay, but I wanted to publish a small web page with few
pictures to show you my "ugly" construction...
Look at: http://www.hamlan.org/tech/w7iuvpreamp/
Using a 2N5109, with 12V, the current is about 50mA and a small TO5 heatsink
is enough.
I did not measure the NF and IP3, only gain (about 20dB on low bands) and
maximum output signal before compression (about 23dBm, if I remember well).
We use it with one wavelenght beverages, standard type and layed over ground
(BOG), and we used third order Cauer bandpass filters, between antenna and
preamplifier, in our multi-op contest station.
This preamplifier was also used daily, last winter, on topband band by
ik2ead.
73 de Guido, ik2bcp