Re: Topband: Boring Report - VK6ABL

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Boring Report - VK6ABL
From: "Steve McDonald" <jsm@gulfislands.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:29:35 -0800
> The low bands still have some life left in them.  Now, to see if I can
work a
> few more Europeans before the end of the "season".

It seems that they still do. I awoke early on Monday morning (around 0300
local) to the sounds of KL7 working JA's on the baby monitor that I usually
use between the shack and the house to catch 6m openings. A few CQ's and 30
mins later I had worked 24 JA's, some with real S9 signals, especially
JA1HQT with his 4-square...an amazing signal.
A late night CQ last night brought 579 signals from GW3JXN for a surprising
new one, with only a few other very weak Eu heard...very much a 'spotlight'
night.

Steve / VE7SL

Mayne Island, BC