Re: Topband: UA0FZ

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: UA0FZ
From: Charles Bibb <zedkay@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 13:43:01 -0600
At 02:51 PM 02/07/2006 +0000, you wrote:
>it's pretty frustrating to hear the big guns saying "nice to work you
>again", while we watch the opening fade away.

'Tis ever thus...

However, if some of the guys who'd already worked a UA0 hadn't coaxed Vlad
out of the shadows with their CD DX's, he might not have known how wide
open the band was this morning. He worked several of the usual big-signal
denizens of the band before setting up his own lemonade stand.

I agree, the situation you cite is a bitter pill to swallow when you live
an area with natural propagation advantages over no one, like 5-land. OK,
maybe we do have a slightly easier time working into Central America. But,
many many hours I have spent, sitting here gnashing my teeth while you guys
in New England hoard European and Middle Eastern DX.

Not guilty. I worked him at 1213Z for a Brand New One!

73,
Charles - K5ZK