Topband: CQ 160 and DXwindow

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: CQ 160 and DXwindow
From: "Ron Spencer" <ronspencer@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 08:26:46 -0500
 Perhaps I'm missing something. Of the DX I worked few were in the DX
window. The vast majority were found either by S&Ping or called me when I
was running. And because I wanted a nice clear frequency where I could hear
them call I wound up running at and above 1855. Sometimes up to 1865. I'm
certain that the US run rates could have been higher lower in the band
(seemed few US stations came up that high and all but a hand full were 1x2
calls....) but had nice runs of 10 point stations up there.

A 5khz DX window is certainly too narrow to accommodate the DX that was on.
But I'm for leaving it as it is. It was relatively easy to find DX and work
much of it outside the window even under strong US stations. I see no reason
to change the rules to what is already a fun contest. Put up what antennas
you can, perhaps invest in a better radio or better filters and have some
fun!

Ron
N4XD