Re: Topband: Calling without hearing (was CQ 160 WW)

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Calling without hearing (was CQ 160 WW)
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:10:39 -0500

Tom Rauch wrote

>What's the best way to reduce that problem?
>
>73 Tom

Tom:  In my humble opinion turning off the spotting network would go a
very long way to solving the problem.  It amazes me how many guys dump
their calls when a spot shows up, even if they have not identified the
station they are calling.  I often hear the dx come back to them with no
response.......I'm sure you have heard the same thing as you listen far
more than I on top band.

I know it is progress, but I would truly rather have it the old way when
we listened a lot and called our buddies on the telephone when a juicy
one showed up.  Let the flames begin.  73 bob de w9ge