Topband: Fwd: Re: 1/4, 1/2 or 5/8 Wire Vertical Which to use??

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Fwd: Re: 1/4, 1/2 or 5/8 Wire Vertical Which to use??
From: herbs@surfvi.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:06:03 -0400
Quoting "Guy Olinger, K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>:

> > Reinforces the notion that comes over me sometimes that there is
> something else basic about antennas and radiation at MF that nobody on
> the planet, current or past, knows about. There is too much that
> remains unexplained or runs contrary to the wisdom du jour.

Guy,

We are dealing with Maxwell's (1873) equations from the 19th Century which are
still the holy grail of today's politically correct EE's.  Attempts to deviate
from these equations are met with condescending scorn and rebuke from the
proponents of the "wisdom du jour." Yet if you recall the geocentric theorys
of Ptolemy's (3rd Century B.C.) and arrangement of the universe, served
mankind and even mariners well for almost 1000 years.(But it was still
wrong.)  And then Galileo in 1609 had a better view of things with his
telescope and proclaimed that Copernicus's heliocentric universe was correct,
made fun of those who held on to the geocentric universe. He crashed directly
into the laws of the Roman Catholic church which had proclaimed the divinity
of the geocentric universe.  Galileo was forced to recant his finding by the
Inquisition and forced to spend the rest of his life under house arrest.

Many new concepts of amateur band RF radiation today are normally connected to
myths, hoaxes,and scams.  They are quickly disproven.(Joystick, Maxcom,etc.)

Yet there should be enhanced encouragement for innovation, exploration, and
experimentation.

If you have an idea, bring it on.  Getting flamed on this reflector is not as
painful as "the rack"!

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ