Re: Topband: RM 11305/11306

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: RM 11305/11306
From: herbs@surfvi.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:07:23 -0400
Quoting Jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@verizon.net>:

   split operation for international QSO's
> on topband is the only sane way to operate.  For me, anything that
> forces the opposite is ignorant of reality......>

Split  operation for rare DX-peditions may be good but as a general rule it is
bad as it reduces available specturm for operation.  Working DX on frequency
is fine as long as we remember the raison d'etre for topband, to wit: Its the
Gentlemen's band!  For me in the Caribbean I have never made stations call me
on frequency.  It just IMHO not a good general practice.

73

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ