Topband: More Re: Carrier on 1820.4

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: More Re: Carrier on 1820.4
From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 04:32:54 +0000
A follow-up to my earlier posting:

I am now (0420Z) seeing (fluttering bars on the receiver S-meter) and
hearing rapid flutter on the carrier on my vertical, with deep fades
down to S3 or S4 for a few seconds at a time before the signal climbs
back up to the S9 area.  It sounds for all the world like I'm rotating a
Yagi through one of its nulls on a test source.  I'm not hearing this
stuff on W1AW, which is essentially unchanged from my earlier report.
Meanwhile, the carrier is doing a very slow fade between S3 and S5 on
the NE Beverage.  When it _does_ dip below S3, there is no sign of the
rapid flutter.

I live in some hilly / mountainous terrain, so it's easily possible to
have multipath here.

Bud, W2RU