Re: Topband: qrss & such

To: Larry Molitor <w7iuv@yahoo.com>,Jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@verizon.net>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: qrss & such
From: Peter Sundberg <sm2cew@telia.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 19:45:19 +0000
At 01:52 2005-11-14 , Larry Molitor wrote:

>The modes are time and frequency dependant.
>You must both be on the exact same frequency (+/- 100
>Hz or so), tuning not allowed usually although
>possible if you are experienced. And you must both be
>time sync'd to within 1 second or so. The QSO partners
>do not need to have real time co-ordination via LL or
>Intenet but it sure helps when getting started and
>ramping up the learning curve.
>73,

Well Larry, don't try to tell me that JT65 doesn't need coordination... No
one does random WITHOUT selfspotting, on the cluster or on a
logger/chatpage. Who would be able to tune every 100 Hz of the band, and
wait a minute for a good decode, plus another minute while the station at
the other end is waiting to be called.. when a rare opening is a few
minutes long.. and to handle a pileup.. geez..

No, I'd rather tune for CW or SSB signals and catch the guys, then put them
in the log feeling I did a good job..

73 de Peter, SM2CEW