Re: Topband: qrss & such

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: qrss & such
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 17:22:02 -0800
> As for computers, waterfalls & cet....  detection is detection.
> (with acknowledgement of the vision-impaired.)

One of the greate uses for the waterfall display - is that after listening to
noise for about an hour, I start hearing things that aren't there.  One quick
look at the display tells me if there is a signal there - or if I am just
hallucinating.

And I echo those who disdain the digital methods of detection for the QSO
information.  The magic of radio happens for me between the headphones and
losing touch with any kind of feeling for the quality of the signal doesn't
help.  I need to know if that 559 that was received was really from CW - and
not some magical way that noise made the DSP think that.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@kkn.net

PS: Band seems pretty dead tonight.