Re: Topband: Technology Qso's

To: robert briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Technology Qso's
From: "R. Kevin Stover" <rkstover@mchsi.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:28:34 -0600
robert briggs wrote:
> I note the shift of the original thread re "Spotting" to "Technology Qso's"..
> That really open's Pandoras Box, doesn't it.
> Claiming DXCC CW using computer generated Morse Code TX-RX would have to be
> the ultimate fraud.
> Bob VK3ZL..

I have to disagree with that.

I'd be willing to bet my perfectly spaced and formed "computer
generated" Morse Code is a lot easier to copy than some of what passes
for CW on the bands these days.

Sending CW with a computer is no different than sending CW with a key.
Keying the rig with a serial port isn't materially different than keying
it with and electronic keyer or using a bug where half of the CW
generated is "automatic".

Notice I'm talking about TX. It's been my experience that NOBODY makes a
program nearly good enough to copy weak QRN'd and QSB'd DX CW.

--
R. Kevin Stover ACØH

K2/100 #4684

Reclaim Your Inbox!