Re: Topband: UW0MF re: Asian Jammer

To: "'VR2BrettGraham'" <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: UW0MF re: Asian Jammer
From: "Robert Marshall-Read" <rmread@starhub.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:40:11 +0700
Snip....

....As described by the guys in JA, this is not pulse & therefore cannot
be OTHR.

 From JA5DQH's post, there is some convergence of QTEs,
but need to eliminate P5, W-portable-HL & HL as sources
first - though it would not surprise me that this is the northern
cousins of PLA Navy somewhere in Shandong/Liaoning.....(end of snip)

I have been monitoring this mess from Jakarta for a week or more and it
is definitely a pulse with broadband noise in between.  An example of
maybe a 'dirty' OTHR.  Timing and direction seems to point to China for
sure.  Not as bad but still a big problem for the low end of 80m as
well.

73

Bob
9V1GO/YB5AQB