Re: Topband: W8JI FT1000MP MKV Click Modification

To: "Tod - MN" <tod@k0to.us>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: W8JI FT1000MP MKV Click Modification
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 20:07:40 -0700
From: "Tod - MN" <tod@k0to.us>

"Perhaps you could help me get to the point of measurement faster by
outlining your test setup and procedure as a guide".

Hi Tod,

Connect the rig TX output up to scope CH1 using suitably large RF
attenuator. Connect the output of an external keyer in parallel with the
rig key input and scope CH2. Set trigger to CH2. Trigger slope positive
or negative depending on whether you want to view the leading edge
of falling edge of the RF envelope. Timebase set to ~1ms/div.

"And, I rather like your scope display --- what is the brand and model that
you are using?"

Tektronix 100 MHz 4-Channel  - Model 2245A. Got it on Ebay for
$350. Very happy with it.