Re: Topband: 160 band conditions

To: K7lay@aol.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 band conditions
From: Brian Moran <brianmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:36:10 -0700 (PDT)
Fun opening last night -- hope it is a good portent
for the season to come! -- called DF2PY a few times,
OZ1DD was loud and busy, heard G3JMJ barely, and
managed to work SM5EDX who must have great ears. I
agree that it was frustrating to hear particularly
long CQs from some stations go from trough-to-trough
as observed by others.

Pulsing noise: I'm about 50 miles East of K7LAY (who
is always loud here, btw), in the foothills of the
cascades. Last night I heard the annoying pulsing
sound (about 1827) on my semi-northward pointing
beverage, BUT not on the 90' vertical. I switched back
and forth a few times, because the difference was so
marked. There were some stations in that mess, but
very hard to pull out.

Next time I hear it, I'll try the semi-se beverage, as
well as the G5RV running SW-NE.

Brian N9ADG 20 miles east of Seattle, WA

--- K7lay@aol.com wrote:

> topbanders
>
> My qth is near Port Orchard, Wa.  I am using an
<..omitted..>