Topband: 160 band conditions

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 160 band conditions
From: K7lay@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:50:48 EDT
topbanders

My qth is near Port Orchard, Wa.  I am using an inverted  L the apex is about
85' with 4 elevated radials.  I too have not heard much  from Asia.  I did
work K7C and kh9/w0cn early in the mornings.  Last  night I heard Bob w7lr with
his usual booming signal work sm5edx and many others  on the west coast also
worked John sm5edx. Guess I was in a hole.  There  was heavy qsb.  The
Caribbean seems to come in ok here.  I have worked  vk3zl and have heard the
Phillipines.  I have not heard the noise  aforementioned.  Last year I worked
bunches
of JA's but haven't heard one  this year.  Just thought I would add my
observations.
73
Bob K7lay