Topband: Effect of trees touching inverted L

To: w8ji@contesting.com, w7kw@earthlink.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Effect of trees touching inverted L
From: K9SQG@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 09:02:59 EDT
Ooopps, sorry about the previous post.

I was looking for real world experiences on how severe the problem is when an
insulated antenna wire touches a tree limb.

I have an 80 meter antenna that is touching one tree trunk yet the antenna
(horizontal loop) seems to work fine.  The 160 m antenna I'm working on is an
inverted L.  Toward the far end of the horizontal run, it will contact a 1 inch
tree limb.  I'm just wondering if I'm going to encounter major problems.
Installation complexeties make it difficult/unwise to try to get the antenna
above
that limb, and I'd prefer not to lower the antenna to avoid the limb since I
want to keep the antenna as high as possible.

73s,

Evan