Topband: Inverted L

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Inverted L
From: K7lay@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 13:56:18 EDT
Hi Evan
Last fall was also my first time on 160 since 1960. My results  were 37
countries (36 confirmed) and 41 states (all conf).  Most through  the contests.

Best dx from Port Orchard, Washington- D4b Cape Verde,  Chile, Australia and
Mongolia the rest Caribbean.

The vertical section is 85 ' 50 horizonal suspended from a fir  tree limb.  I
have 4 elevated radials 15' high (so I can tractor mow under  them).  My
antenna analyzer Mfj 259 says the swr is 3:1 at the antenna feed  point also
the
same at the transceiver. This at resonance.  With my ATR 30  Ameritron tuner it
is virtually flat from 1.800 to 1.850.  Since I am  mostly on cw that is the
place I like to operate.  I am in a rural area  with virtually no noise.  I
plan on building and placing and un-un at the  feed point to get a better match.
Also I have built a pennant antenna which goes with my son and  I to Vp5 land
next week since I hear there is noise on the Turks and  Caicos.  I plan on
building a second one and put them in phase with a  splitter/combiner (referred
to as the Magic T).

Good luck Evan and cu on the band this upcoming  season!
73 Bob K7lay