Re: Topband: FT5XO and 5Z4DZ last night

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FT5XO and 5Z4DZ last night
From: Don Greenbaum <don@aurumtel.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:02:30 -0500
Last night was the first good copy on the FT5 team at my ss.  I am antenna
challenged, inverted L up around 50 ft then sloping down.

I ran a beverage Saturday around 500 feet out over a salt marsh up 10 feet
but it made no difference to the inverted L even though it was to the
Southeast (maybe he was coming in over Europe where the L faces).

Someone thought they were doing us a favor by repeating calls, but all that
did was qrm him coming back to me (I am 90% sure he had my call correct and
not some other DG).

Good things come to those that wait......

Don
N1DG

N1DG--Licensed since 1962
EX-WB2DND, A61AD (GUEST OP, QSL MGR), A52DG, /KH9, /BV, /VS6, /4X, /9V
Pilot:  3Y0X, VK9ML, D68C, VK0IR, K8XP/KH9, 9M0C, ZK1XXP, ZL9CI
Webmaster:  3Y0X, K5K, A52A, VK0IR, 9M0C, ZK1XXP, WB2DND/KH9, BQ9P, ZL9CI
QSL Manager:  A61AD, A61AO, A61X, A61AQ, KH7Z
Member:  FOC, ARRL, DDXA, YCCC
DON GREENBAUM
DUXBURY, MA, USA
AIM:  aurumtel