Topband: High and low angles

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: High and low angles
From: "Randy Oates" <w6oar@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 21:48:40 -0800
I was not going to get into this but it keep coming up . I agree with Bill and
Earl. I have all  (3) of these antennas. The loop for sure is a sky burner, You
can work dx with it , I have worked DF2PY as well as other EU. Stations with
the loop and the dipole . But there is a LOT of different as much 10 db. some
time more with on vertical . The only time the loop is better than my verticals
is when I talk to the guys over the mountain in the LA. , Area . That about 70
miles south of me.  At time I can not hear the guys on the vertical .  The loop
 works good for local rag chewing and keeping in touch with the many friend I
have in Orange County, and La . area .  In most case the loop is better than
the dipole,, If a station is broad side to the dipole there's not much
different if any I can see here . Good luck to all
73 Randy W6OAR
The differences I sometimes see between my low and high angle
systems are truly staggering (I.e. ~10 dB) when conditions are right. I'm
not talking 2 dB but 2 S-units! I'll hasten to add that I would love to
have a VE2CV antenna for the same reason I cited before...you can never
have too many antennas. :-)

73, Bill W4ZV