Re: Topband: full wave loop

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: full wave loop
From: Bob Eldridge <r.c.eldridge@ieee.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 10:09:45 -0800
Tom said:

> > Loops are a good example of  "feel good" antennas that are surrounded by
>exaggeration and love.

Right on, Tom. Living as I do in a valley surrounded by mountains
7000-10000 ft high, the horizontal loop I love has worked fine for me, and
it hears better than it sends. I don't have to exaggerate, I have the
practical proof.
Seems to me when people ask for advice on an antenna we should consider
what kind of horizon they have. We don't all live on a plain, and there is
not much point in having an antenna with the peak vertical lobe firing into
a hill.

Bob VE7BS