Topband: Beverage grounds

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Beverage grounds
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 07:28:43 -0500
I know this is a FAQ, sort of.  I've done some reading and
am still not certain I have the right take on this.

I am installing Beverages in a rather restricted
environment.  I am concerned about the feedpoint ground.  I
have read that a single 4 to 5 foot ground rod is probably
not adequate at the feed end of a Beverage.  I also read
this may reduce output from the Beverage by a few dB.  If
reduced output is the only penalty, would I not be able to
compensate for this by using a bit more preamp gain?  (my
receiver will need a preamp with Beverages anyway -- yes,
I'm sure of it)

73
Paul N1BUG