Topband: FT-847 Clicks

To: <topband@contesting.com>, "VR2BrettGraham" <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Subject: Topband: FT-847 Clicks
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:47:58 -0800
> Seeing the major rework done a few lots into the production of the
> FT-847, it is odd that something hasn't been done about the clicks
> at some point.  At some point, I would expect more face to be lost
> for having done nothing than for the problem to have existed to
> begin with.
>
> 73, VR2BrettGraham

Speaking of the FT-847, is there any evidence of a click problem
in that radio. I used one during the Stew Perry Contest and nobody
complained, but I know that absence of evidence doesn't always
mean evidence of absence (I haven't had a chance to listen to it
on a second receiver). Any reports would be appreciated as I am
planning on using the rig again during the CQ 160 CW contest.

Thanks,