Re: Topband: ? Key-clicks FT1000MK-V field ?

To: mstangelo@comcast.net, Tom Rauch <w8ji@contesting.com>,"Wolfgang Wessely" <wessely@asamnet.de>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: ? Key-clicks FT1000MK-V field ?
From: Hardy Landskov <n7rt@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:40:27 -0700
At 04:07 PM 1/18/05 +0000, mstangelo@comcast.net wrote:
>Tom and all,
>
>I believe it's a business decision. CW operators are in a minority
>and 160 operators are evan a larger minority. Does it justify to spend
>effort on features which do not have growth potential for the future?

I find it hard to believe it's a business decision when they are designing
a new radio and have a chance to "get it right" this time around since it
only means another 5 or 10 cents worth of parts.  Adding additional bands
is childs play and cheap with today's digital IC's.
In my opinion, Yaesu has a management problem.
I design avionics at Honeywell and we listen to our customers.
73 Hardy N7RT