Re: Topband: Gamma ray bursts

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Gamma ray bursts
From: Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 21:49:23 -0800
At 16:08 05/01/2005, K9LA wrote:
W4ZV's posting about GRBs reminded me of the one back in 1998 that was caught on record on a VLF path. Don't know how much it affected 160m, but it sure affected VLF.

If I remember correctly, that one was confused by the fact that the sun had just had a (several?) coronal mass ejection(s), and the ionosphere was already in rough shape for medium frequency propagation. Some claimed at the time that the auroral borealis being observed were due to the GRB.

best wishes

Nick

VE7DXR