Topband: hs72b monday eve

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: hs72b monday eve
From: wb6tza@socal.rr.com
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 08:10:38 +0000 (GMT)
conditions seemed crummy on both 160 and 80, heard nothing for the first couple
hours, and as Bill reports, apparently we were weak & inconsistent even tho we
were on and calling steadily from 1055Z to 1230Z..  back on at 13

there was a brief socal region opening... if you can call it that.  there were
two of us digging during that run, on different receivers... there were several
signals just too weak to dig out...  Dietmar and I seemed to hear the same
things at the same time even tho we were listening on independent receivers..
we will try to continue that where we can.  signals never peaked like the
previous night..  then just faded into the noise

made a couple more noise measurements and took a short "still" movie of a 940
on AM looking at the TX ant and the 6 RX ants...  TX ant noise S9+10
continuously with hard click and pop hits well over that.  Rx antennas preamped
as a group to about the same general level showed only some variation, there is
quite a bit of difference in the character of the noise each antenna hears,
gonna try a couple different ones this afternoon, willl be transmitting by 11Z

Robin