Re: Topband: Beverage grounding over rock

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage grounding over rock
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 09:37:47 -0800
On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 09:12:50AM -0800, Bob Tellefsen wrote:
> Can you possible dig a 1 ft deep trench in that ground and
> lay your ground rod in on its side?
> This does work in some circumstances, probably where the
> soil itself has reasonable conductivity.

What I have done, and it seems to work well, is to
terminate my beverages into a 1/4 of wire that is in-line
and in the air just like the beverage.

I have beverages that are about 450-500 feet long.

So it looks like this:

Feed - 500' Bev Wire - resistor - 65' wire.

I only have them terminated with a 1/4 wave at
80 meters and they seem to be directive on
40, 80 and 160.  I keep thinking I would try them with
a 1/4 wave at 160 meters but I have not gotten around
to it yet.

I have four up - NE, SE, NW, SW and they are all terminated
in the same manner.  They are clearly directive.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net