Topband: modified hy-tower help

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: modified hy-tower help
From: "John Webb" <w5jmw@cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 05:54:12 -0600
Hello to all,I have modified a hy-tower to single band 160.In the top section of the tower I have a loading coil made of nr12 solid copper wound on a 2in form.The only way I could think of to wind the coil was bt cut and try.OK,here's the problem.After some cutting and trying last weekend I got her to abt 1780.OK,I am close..This weekend I removed abt a foot or so...Now at 1760...I am at a loss as what to do.I have seen this on some mobile base loads as far as taps.I do have a 259b if measurements would help...thanks,john