Topband: Vertical SWR problem

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Vertical SWR problem
From: <JSimon@GrahamDunn.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:45:29 -0800
I've just installed a Titanex V160S vertical (87') with a V160AS (160m only)
tuning unit. Yesterday I connected 12 radials (130') each, adjusted the taps on
the tuning unit coil with an MFJ SWR analyzer, and got the resonant point down
to about 1850 khz. with tolerable SWR (less than 1.5:1) at 1805 khz. So, here's
the problem: today I added another 16 radials, and the resonant point moved up
to 1900 khz. The SWR is now high enough at 1825 khz that the amp shuts down. I
tried adjusting the taps on the coil in the tuning unit, but to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how to get the resonant point to a lower
point in the band? Thanks.

73, Jim   W1YY/7

(sorry for the duplicate message)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email message may be protected by the attorney/client privilege, work
product doctrine or other confidentiality protection.
If you believe that it has been sent to you in error, do not read it. Please
reply to the sender that you have received the message in error, and then
delete it.
Thank you.