Topband: New Beverage Antenna...

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: New Beverage Antenna...
From: "Ed Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:48:29 -0500
Well, I spent the morning yesterday uncoiling 600-feet of wire through the bush
& thicket in the back yard, a-la-beverage-antenna style...

This one averages about 8-feet high, runs north-south, & is unterminated.

The FIRST thing I had to do was dig up an old antenna grounding relay from when
I had the 1200-footer, for benefit of the Icom 751A---the ungrounded auxilliary
antenna port with this rig is USELESS with a long receiving aerial...even with
the thing running barefoot! The RF feedback makes the rig completely & utterly
unusable as a transmitter.

The relay box grounds the antenna terminal on transmit, & is activated by the
PTT / 13.8 VDC terminals at the back of the rig.

Now we'll just listen, and wait...and wait...and listen some more!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ