Re: Topband: TOP HAT GUY WIRES

To: "Michael Harris" <mike.harris@horizon.co.fk>,"Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: TOP HAT GUY WIRES
From: "Larry Higgins" <n9dx@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 20:30:24 -0500
> > rubber
> > tape should be applied first and then covered with vinyl tape.
>
> A regular comment that, however, I've used it for years, clear atmosphere,
> ozone hole, full exposure to sunlight, no over wrap, no problems.
>
> Vinyl tape often starts to creep and peel off under hot/cold/wind
> exposure, particularly if wrapped over an irregular surface.

Good point, Mike.  I guess your experience with it has been better than
mine.
The first time I used rubber tape I didn't cover it with vinyl and within a
year it
was badly cracked and peeling.   Maybe there's something in my atmosphere
that affects it somehow.

To prevent peeling vinyl tape, I put a small black tie-wrap over the end of
the tape.

73

Larry, N9DX