Topband: Frequency Allocations

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Frequency Allocations
From: "Dennis Peterson" <dennis.peterson@machlink.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 06:07:54 -0500
I have recently (04-26-2004) updated the 160 Frequency Allocations.XLS file
on my web site.  The web address is as follows:
www.machlink.com/~k0ckdennis

Recent information provided by ON4UN and ON4KJ allowed me to insert
pertinent information at the end of the file concerning power availability
and restrictions.

This information is currently on the .XLS file ONLY and will available
shortly on the .txt version as well.

I have received several emails concerning the band segmentation and
frequency allocations list.  I didn't set the preference area or allocations
for these countries; I did send letters to their respective IARU or similar
to our FCC agencies requesting the information so it could be documented and
printed for Everyone's INFORMATION.  This in fact was done way back in 1982,
83 and 84 and has been duplicated since, when necessitated towards new
countries.

As for the Band Segmentation, I would like to see a change personally for CW
operators; however, JUST TALKING ABOUT IT ISN'T GOING TO GET THE JOB
DONE............  With regards to the low power PSK segmentation or
operating parameters, much to do is needed in this area as well which ALL
TAKES TIME and RESEARCH......................

We didn't get where we are over night and we certainly aren't going to get
any further without spending some time, energy and

Thank you to John/ON4UN, Jos/ON4KJ and Lars/SM6RPZ for their Top Band
Frequency inclusions.

KØCKD
Dennis
---