Topband: mode/freq/mds...the last word

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: mode/freq/mds...the last word
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 16:49:09 -0000
Folks,

Responding to several private communications regarding my
proposed psk31/cw/mfsk16 experiment...and this IS my last word,
until things are ready to go:

US domestic contacts will be made around 1806+/- for qrm,
conforming to the US bandplan.  I don't expect many of these,
frankly, but maybe there'll be a WAS night or something.

DX contacts must be in the 1838-1840 window, due to international
allocations, and the inability to support split operation.
Without extended discussion, I intend to do this with clean signals
and plenty of coordination, so nobody is clobbered.

This should not be a long-running experiment.  A few paths, testing
MDS and mode should be all the data we need.  All will be by sked,
coordinated on packet for all to see.  No extended cq's.

Depending on conditions, this could be completed in one or two weekends.

Have a great Summer!  I gotta go put up an antenna.

N2EA
jimjarvis@ieee.org