Topband: Valuable projecst or not?

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Valuable projecst or not?
From: "on4kj" <on4kj@skynet.be>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 22:08:57 +0100
Hello All,

Looking foreward to build a rotable EWE.
The motor on one vertical edge, a barrow wheel on the other. Way as to put the
weight in balancec between both edges.
Plan to use 35 x 2,5 mm alu. tubing instead of wire. Quite a heavy construction
which I hope will be mecanicly stable, but the results may justify the
ressources.
I can rotate such a structure on nearby 180°. So switching ' resistor '  and
the impedance ' transformer ' ( something between 1/9 and 1/16 ) in and out on
each edge, should make it possible to fire all azimuth.
Wiring and Coax could possible run inside the tubing. Each corner of this frame
can consist of a solid teflon or macrolon junction. Both lower ones could be
made as to hold the switching relays, and or a pre-amplifier.
Just two questions rises;
1. What will be the influence  of a 32 mm conductor on the antenna
caracteristics ?
2. What will be the influence  of the wiring inside the conductors ?

My second sollution;
- since my lot is triangular 42m x 56m x 52m ( smallest angel is NE ). Putting
a pole on each corner, and put- up trhee 2x 20m center fed dipoles . I have not
that much of an idea how a 2x20m dipole would work on 160m.
On 80m and 40m these should work correctly..... Had such a antennain use in
1949..... Jezus we'r getting old !
If I obtain a good reception, then I might think about loading my 66' stand
alone tower , even if it is'nt possible to lay down 1/4 radials, 1/8 WL is a
max. and not all directions can be used. More the radiating elements of that
trapped beam are not grounded. Motor mounted inside the tower at 16' .

Should be a great pleasure for me to receive  some real technical comments .
Thanks B4H.

Jos ON4KJ