RE: Topband: Re: Topband phone contest

To: "Ragnar Otterstad" <otterstad@enter.vg>,"Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>,"Jon Zaimes AA1K" <jz73@verizon.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: Re: Topband phone contest
From: John Bohnovic <bohnovic@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 15:14:53 -0500
And if someone doesn't like contesting, he can operate outside the band plan and bootleg other callsigns. It could become a BIG problem trying to determine if a station operating outside the band plan was really who the callsign indicated it was.

If this was a viable solution I think the contest sponsors would have implemented it already.

Let's face it, we are stuck with this being a "gentleman's agreement".

I'm not on Top Band yet, but one of these days I will be.

73..de John/K4WJ