Topband: Radio 91 on 1820

To: <Topband@contesting.com>, "160m QTH" <160m@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Topband: Radio 91 on 1820
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 19:31:34 -0500
After about 15 phone calls, I finally got lucky. I spoke to the owner's son
who runs Radio91 in the Dominican Republic. He was very nice, and was very
sorry about the problem. They installed a homebrew transmitter two months
ago, and that's when the mess on 1820 started.

I told him I'd help them in any way I could to correct the problem, and he
said they would work on the problem as best they are able. I'll let everyone
know if I need any help, but I think the main problem might be getting parts
down to them. I also might need to raid someone's junk box for some parts,
if I don't have what is needed. They might need a 1820 reject 910kHz pass
filter for 5kW AM (over 20kW PEP).

I can't imagine how any HI8 station can hear anything on 160 meters from
down there!

73, Tom W8JI