: Topband: Notes on early QSO's

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: : Topband: Notes on early QSO's
From: "Ragnar Otterstad" <otterstad@enter.vg>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:54:48 +0100
Wally:

Your posting brings back memories of my first USA qso on 160, which was you.
I lived in Oslo suburbia at the time
and used an inverted L per W1BBs instructions. He was kind enough to mail me
a complete drawing of what he felt would be a good beginners choice.  I
managed to get the wire over a birch tree on my neighbours land and spread
out an odd number of radials on the rock where out house was.

My first West coast was W7LR and I thought somebody was joking with me.
Working W7 on 160 was something I never had thought would be possible !!
But a letter with qsl and photos of his installation convinced me !  hi

I hope the bigger letters makes the reading easier on your eye !

73

" RAG "     LA5HE JW5HE OZ8RO

My photo website:

http://no.photos.yahoo.com/la5he

Located in Telemark - Home of skiing.
For more information about Telemark take a look at :

www.visitTelemark.no     for more details.