Re: Topband: dx window

To: "Randy Oates" <w6oar@gte.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: dx window
From: "jbattin" <jbattin@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:26:38 -0600
From: "Randy Oates" <w6oar@gte.net>
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 3:05 PM
Subject: Topband: dx window

I don't like to get into this kind of discussion, but this one is getting to
me. I personally don't see a need for a dx window with the dx cluster
spotting . I think it has outlived it's usefulness .  Let each country use
their band plan, it's not that hard to tune the vfo on the radio to look for
a dx station . ( I have worked more Eu out of the window than in it .)

  As for as contest guys calling cq in the so called dx window I see no
problem with it . Let's face it there's only a few 160 meter contest a year
, let the contesters have their fun those week ends . I am not a contester
but do enjoy tuning the band and giving points to those who are .

I do agree with Larry there are only a few open to the west coast each
season  from EU.... The west coast guys has to compete for them through the
east coast guys . The same as the east coast has to compete through the west
coast for the JA , ZL / VK. and KH6

I tune the band most night and hear the east coast working  Eu. , Not a peek
here on the west coast . So what is all the griping about ?  Tune the band
and look for your DX . ( FORGET THE DX WINDOW )

Sorry I missed  the big opening on 160 last night,  80 was so good to the
west coast I could not pull my self away from it .

Happy New Year Everyone
73 Randy W6OAR