Re: Topband: 160 Meter BALUNS

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 Meter BALUNS
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:38:19 -0500
Rather than have fun in a contest so I could complain about how I didn't
have fun because someone else who probably didn't win anyway used packet or
went 65 in a 55 speed zone according to my RADAR,  I decided to test some
baluns this weekend.

The results are at:

http://www.w8ji.com/Baluns/balun_test.htm

Later this week I'll add more pictures. I do have network analyzer plots of
SWR and impedance.

I'm back at work, so my time is very limited for responses. I'm behind in
replying to e-mails, but I'd still really like to read any comments about
what I started to publish.

I'm especially interested in what people think about the Eznec models.

73 Tom