Re: Topband: 160 Meter BALUNS

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 Meter BALUNS
From: "Arne Gjerning" <gjerning@flash.net>(by way of Bill Tippett<btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 06:34:15 -0500
Thanks for the corrections Arne!

Bill

On 160-40M the number of turns for both the coax and the wire should be 5
NOT 7.  The nominal dia is about 6.5 inches.  George used #10 or #12 wire
NOT #16 in his article in news letter I have.  This is from a NCDXC news
letter article published after the February/March 1980 articles in Ham Radio
magazine.

The version for 10-20M uses 2.5 turns each (wire and coax).  Use these and
they work.  Be sure to seal well all open ends and around where insulation
was removed (I used RTV and electrical tape and more RTV).  Wrapped entire
loop with electrical tape.

73 de Arne N7KA