Topband: beverage impedance

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: beverage impedance
From: Telegrapher9@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:35:33 EST
I've been working on some methods to determine proper Beverage termination.
Some time domain and some frequency domain. Has anyone tried a TDR on a
Beverage? I would use a pulse generator with a 10 ns rise time and a pad to set
the
output impedance to around 500 ohms. A 50 MHz oscilloscope is plenty fast to
look at it. This should give a resolution of <10 feet and allow one to see how
the impedance varies along the length of the Beverage. A simpler method is to
operate the Beverage as a Transmission Line Pulse Generator and one can get the
same information. If anyone wants to give this a try I can explain it and how
to interpret the waveform.

   Dave WX7G