Topband: 160 meter vertical

To: "Topband submital" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 meter vertical
From: "bruce makas" <k1my@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:14:11 -0700
I recall some discussion either here or on TowerTalk about using R25 tower
sections with an aluminum "stinger" on top as a 160 vertical but I cannot
find the particulars. Several questions:

How tall do I make it? How may sections? How long a "stinger" I assume that
if I do this correctly that I will not need to concern myself with adding
any L or C in the feed line. I do understand the importance of a good ground
system.

Insulated from ground? If insulated, is anyone aware of someone who
manufactures the insulators? Not the Rohn ones, I recall someone else had
them.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce K1MY/7
Overgaard, AZ