Topband: Detuning Xmit Antenna while RXing.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Detuning Xmit Antenna while RXing.
From: ks4q at zingleman.com (Ernie)
Date: Sun Jul 27 05:44:25 2003
Thanks Earl,

I'm not using the mechanical relay in the FT-1000MP to key the 91B Alpha now
and don't plan to start :-)  I run QSK now.  With things as they are now,
I'm able to go directly from the band data jack into the Alpha.  But I know
that RX antenna improvements will require a change in the T/R scheme.

I may have found what I need in a keying circuit designed by K6XX which will
provide the needed isolation. I'll just need to put steering diodes in to
isolate the amp and the Jennings or Kilovac relay(s).

  If you or anyone else has any alternatives, please pass them on...

Thanks & 73,
Ernie KS4Q