Topband: Orion receiver optimization doc

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Orion receiver optimization doc
From: w8ji at contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sat Jul 5 17:44:44 2003
radio.  Apparently
> extra effort, more instructions,  & experience.......will be required to
get

Doug and all,

I agree the web page makes it sound like a very difficult radio to use, but
it doesn't have to be that way. The Orion has the potential to be VERY easy
to use, with just software changes.

The web page on setting up the radio for weak signals (or whatever else)
isn't describing anything that isn't done without a second thought when we
use our other radios! It just looks complicated because our normal radios
are programmed through the knobs and the basic hardware design to do
everything the web page describes.

Let's give Ten Tec reasonable time to make user interface changes before
forming opinions about performance or operation. Temporary patches almost
always appear far more complicated than the actual cures.

73 Tom