Topband: Earl's IC-746PRO Evaluation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Earl's IC-746PRO Evaluation
From: binghamstehekin at starband.net (Dick and Adele Bingham)
Date: Mon Jun 30 18:29:10 2003
Greetings everyone

Earl, your latest WS-evaluation of digging sigs out of the noise using the
746PRO is interesting. Are you
gonna-do one on the 756PRO (not II)? I am interested in how that rig does.

Unfortunately, my IC-756PRO is repeating a problem I had earlier. It worked
fine after ICOM-Bellevue
repaired it for free but it now appears it has to be returned again - nutz!
The transmitted audio quality
goes to H and sounds like large portions of the audio spectrum are missing.

I have been listening on 160 these past few weeks and there are very few sigs
to be heard. Lots of
atmospheric noise though.

73 to all de w7wkr - Dick
Stehekin, WA (In the Alps of America)