Topband: front to back?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: front to back?
From: w2up at mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Sun May 25 14:08:47 2003
Hi all,
Just finished installing a rotatable delta-shaped "pennant" a la
K6SE's QST article. (18:1 K1FZ xfmr, 948 ohm termination, horiz
portion about 10 ft above ground). The loop is about 150 ft from any
other metal.
I was playing with it last night, and noted the following:
1.6 MHz BC AM signal (no sigs on 160 at the time) F/B 10-15 db
80 CW F/B ~15 db
40 CW F/B 15-20 db

I didn't notice any significant F/S until at least 90 degrees from
the heading. I've heard others talk about 30-40 db F/B, but this is
nowhere close. I'd like to hear others' experiences.
Tnx,
Barry--