Topband: Good 160m conditions in VK6

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Good 160m conditions in VK6
From: sire at iinet.net.au (Steve Ireland)
Date: Fri May 23 06:23:26 2003
G'day all

After inactivity since February, owing to work and family commitments, I
was spurred into some activity this morning by Bob W7LR's e-mail.  It is
actually winter down in the southern hemisphere and our 'quiet' time of the
year, QRN-wise.

Getting onto the band at 2245Z, some 20 minutes before my sunrise, yielded
QSOs with OK1EK, G3ZES and I2ZFD, with Alan G3ZES peaking S6.  The band
sounded good into Europe and not much different from a reasonable opening
during December and January.

As Bob says, the good times are coming back.  I will be looking for South
American stations over the next eight weeks before my sunrise!

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ